Wednesday, May 27, 2009

You Just Erased Your Memory Card - Relax, All Is Not Lost

Uh Oh, I just accidentally erased my photos on my memory card. I had this experience recently and I want you to know that you can probably still recover your photos. In my case my wife and I had driven over to my daughter’s friend’s house where 7 teenage couples were gathered in full evening dress for their prom. An entire row of parents stood in front of the kids for 15 minutes, cameras clicking and flashes going off. If you have had teenagers you probably know the ritual. So wiping out these photos is pretty bad. You’re not going to get those teenage boys to dress up in suits and stand in front of the camera again for you. But if you know what to do and in the right order, you can usually recover your lost photos.

A week or so later my wife came to me distraught that she had accidentally erased all the photos on her camera's memory card, including these precious prom photos. I searched the internet and found to my surprise that these photos were not lost forever.

To understand why, you just need to understand how the memory space on these cards works. Generally, when you delete a photo or file from a memory card, the space is made available for another photo or file to be stored there. But, until you take more photos to cover over this space, you can still recover those deleted files and photos. To do so, you will need to purchase a software program on the internet and download it to your computer. There are many services out there and below I have listed some web sites that I found that sell these programs. The one I used was Card Recovery which is the first on this list, but you may find one that does the job better and is cheaper. In our case we saved the prom photos and since that time my daughter has made the same mistake with her camera's memory card and she was astonished that Dad could miraculously save the day for her. It’s good to be the hero every now and again, especially with teenagers.

Here are a few sites that can help you recover erased files from a memory disk.

www.CardRecovery.com

www.pctools.com

http://www.powerdatarecovery.com

We at Bill Gough's All American Agency want you to be Completely Satisfied with our Agency to earn your support to Renew YOUR Insurance Policies.

We also want to earn your support in Recommending our Agency to your friends and family.

If we at anytime fail to meet the above needs please contact us at once so we may correct this situation.

You are the reason our Agency exists and we Thank You!

No comments: